How do I make a claim?
How do I make a claim?
The facility to claim online (link below) is available at any time and there is no requirement to notify the claim by phone before doing so. Please ensure you complete the claim form fully and follow the instructions on the form.
In respect of theft or loss of your mobile phone:
- you are required to report the theft or loss to your network provider as soon as possible following the discovery of the incident to place a call bar on your mobile phone.
- you are required to report the theft or loss to the Police authority as soon as possible after the discovery of the incident and obtain a crime reference number in support of a theft claim and a lost property number in support of a loss claim and a copy of the Police report.
In respect of all claims:
- You will be required to provide details of any other contract, guarantee, warranty or insurance that may apply to the mobile phone including, but not limited to, household insurance (where appropriate a rateable proportion of the claim may be recovered direct from these Insurers).
- You will be required to provide the original proof of purchase of the mobile phone for which you are claiming. This proof of purchase must evidence that you own that particular mobile phone, including the IMEI number and other identifying details where appropriate.
- You must provide the original proof of purchase in respect of any accessories for which you are claiming for under the terms of the policy.
In the event that your claim is authorised and your mobile phone is replaced or deemed beyond economical repair and will, therefore, have to be replaced, we will do our best to replace it with an identical high quality fully refurbished item. Should this not be possible we will replace it with a high quality fully refurbished item of comparable specification or the equivalent value.
Please note it may not always be possible to replace your mobile phone with the same colour.
Please note that where a replacement item has been issued and the original mobile phone is subsequently recovered, the original mobile phone legally becomes the property of the Insurer and must be returned to the claims administrator immediately.
We take a robust approach to fraud prevention in order to keep premium rates down so that you do not have to pay for other people’s dishonesty. If any claim under this insurance is fraudulent or is intended to mislead, or if any misleading or fraudulent means are used by you or anyone acting on your behalf to obtain benefit under this insurance, your right to any benefit under this insurance will end, your policy will be cancelled and we will be entitled to recover any benefit paid and costs incurred as a result of any such fraudulent or misleading claim. We may also inform the police.
If at the time of a valid claim under this policy there is another insurance policy in force which covers you for the same loss, we may seek to recover some or all of our costs from the other Insurer. You must give us any help or information we may need to assist us with our loss recoveries.
Contacting the claims team
By phone: 0333 999 7905 (local rate call, 9am – 5.30pm Monday – Friday).
By email: email@example.com (9am – 5.30pm Monday – Friday)
By post: Citymain Administrators Ltd, 3000 Lakeside, North Harbour, Western Road, Portsmouth, PO6 3EN