The Sale of Goods Acts lay down several conditions that all goods sold by a trader must meet. The goods or services must be of satisfactory quality, as described and fit for purpose. Your statutory rights are limited which is why we offer insurance (not just an extended warranty) specially designed to protect your Laptop or Tablet PC against risks such as:
- accidental loss;
- accidental damage (including liquid damage);
- malicious damage.
This cover provides for when the laptop or tablet PC is used by you or your immediate husband, wife, civil partner or partner or any of your children, brothers, sisters (all over the age of 16) and parents who permanently stay with you).
This laptop and tablet PC insurance is arranged by Insurance2Go a trading name of Loyal Insurance Services Ltd. and the insurers are AIG Europe Ltd. whose registered office is The AIG Building, 58 Fenchurch Street, London, EC3M 4AB. AIG Europe Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (FRN 202628*).
We are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. You may be entitled to compensation from the scheme if we are unable to meet our obligations to you under this contract. Further information can be obtained from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (10th Floor, Beaufort House, 15 St Botolph Street, London EC3A 7QU) by phone on (freephone) 0800 678 1100 or 020 7741 4100 and on their website at www.fscs.org.uk
Other Insurance (including some elements of household insurance) may be available for your laptop or tablet PC other than from the insurer whose cover is offered on this site. Your laptop and tablet PC insurance will NOT be automatically terminated in the event of a claim being made.
Like all policies, there are some things this insurance does not cover. Importantly these may include but not limited to;
- any laptop and tablet PC purchased from an online auction website such as eBay, any laptop and tablet PC purchased second hand and any laptop and tablet PC which is purchased from a retail or sales outlet situated outside of the United Kingdom.
- any claim where the user is under the age of 16.
- any theft of your laptop and tablet PC from unoccupied premises unless there is evidence of violent and forcible entry to the premises.
- any claim arising from abuse or wear and tear or gradual deterioration, any other costs that are caused by the incident unless specifically stated in your certificate schedule.
- claims for theft or malicious damage which are not accompanied by a crime reference number.
- any claim which is not reported as soon as reasonably possible following discovery of the incident or from your return to the United Kingdom where the incident occurred outside of the United Kingdom.
- if your laptop and tablet PC is stolen from an unattended vehicle (but not a commercial vehicle) the vehicle’s windows and doors must have been closed and locked and all the security systems must have been activated for cover to apply.
- any laptop and tablet PC more than 6 months old at the time of purchasing the insurance, as evidenced by the relevant proof of purchase.
Please refer to your Keyfacts and Terms and Conditions for full information
There is an excess on each and every claim as specified in the policy document. All policies have a maximum limit of liability for any claim which shall be the replacement cost of the telephone and in any event shall not exceed, the maximum liability as shown on your certificate schedule.
You are required to take all reasonable precautions to protect the phone against theft, loss or damage as specified in the Policy Document. Premiums inclusive of Insurance Premium Tax will be as confirmed at the time of purchase and annual premiums will be collected by Loyal Insurance Ltd trading as Insurance 2 Go by Credit/Debit Card and monthly premiums will be collected by Citymain Administrators Ltd by Direct Debit.
You have the ability to auto renew your annual policy. You will be contacted up to 30 days before the renewal date of your policy and we will tell you about any changes to the premium or the policy terms and conditions. If you do not want to auto renew your policy, you just need to contact the Administrator on the contact details provided in the renewal notice. If you do nothing then the renewal premium will be taken from the credit/debit card details provided at the time of the initial purchase. If the credit/debit card details have changed, please follow the instructions within the Frequently Asked Questions below. You can advise the Administrator about any changes to your personal details or decide not to use the auto renew service at any time by calling 0333 999 7905 (local rate call).
In the event your claim is authorised and your laptop or tablet PC is replaced, we will endeavour to replace it with an identical new or fully refurbished laptop and tablet PC Should this not be possible the Administrator will replace it with a new or fully refurbished laptop or tablet PC of a comparable specification or the equivalent value.
You have the right to cancel the insurance by giving written notice of cancellation within 30 days of receipt of confirmation of insurance cover to Citymain Administrators Limited “the Administrator” at Enterprise House, Isambard Brunel Road, Portsmouth, PO1 2RX quoting your mobile phone number. If you do not exercise this right to cancel then your rights and those of the insurer to cancel this insurance cover thereafter are subject to the General Conditions within the Certificate Schedule
If you need to make a claim under the insurance, please contact the Administrator at the above address or on 0333 999 7905 (local rate call).